08-05-2019 11:16 AM - edited 08-06-2019 02:38 PM
It doesn't happen every time but I would say every other time. After I close my laptop i. e. it turns into sleep mode and I open it again it is just black screen like it is not working but power button's LED is on and I can on/off keyboard LEDs with f5 button (but caps lock's and f6's LEDs don't work). But sometimes after I open it turns on immediately after I press any key and works fine or in very rare cases when it is not turning on after opening it turns on after I press the power button.
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-07-2019 01:50 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Next, Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open the HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And, also let's check the power setting on the notebook.
Check Power options, Advanced settings - Screen is similar to this, just enable or disable it depending on your current setup.
Please refer to this document: Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 😎
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee