Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Omen dc-15 -1006 tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi i bought my laptop in 2019 . At first it was better but once Last year i got a prob with motherboard and heating issue i contacted the hp service centre they took 3 whole months to play with my pc # repair.later this year there fee blue screen errors and i had resolved myself by using hp recommended options and yesterday suddenly it got blank screen. 

I preformed a windows update a few weeks ago, and everything went fine, but yesterday ie. 30th August 2021 my notebook would not turn. The power light came on, and a blink code of 5.3 (5 long, 3 short) appeard on the caps lock key. 

I have been attempting troubleshoot on my own ever since.

I have tried following the HP hard reset guide article that seems to be posted everywhere, but those instructions do not seem to apply to my laptop. If I hold down the power key, for example, I hear the fans kick in and the computer try to boot up every 4 seconds or so, and it will never do anything different. I have tried hard reset instructions for other models on the list, just in case, but no luck. 

It is not on warrenty, but I am hoping to solve the problem without having to send it off. I am hopeful that if I had the proper reset instructions it might just fix the problem? Am I being naive? 

Are there different hard restart instructions for my laptop that can be provided, or is there something else I can do? Or do I need to contact the warranty folks? What is my next step?

I bought a much more expensive laptop than I typically would so I would have less problems! Yet here we go fingers crossed can i find a solution without me having to deal with the warranty!

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Good afternoon, you need to try to restore the BIOS.

HP Recommended

I tried the settings from the support as the page says to use win+b or v keys while powering on it didint wrk

HP Recommended

Can u help me in detail pls

HP Recommended

it would be easier if you had the opportunity to reflash the microcircuit with a programmer. The cheapest ch341 programmer is enough for this.

HP Recommended

Thank u ! I try look into that!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.