Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-da0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried every Youtube video every in existence, and nothing worked. Basically, I am pretty sure you are aware of the blue screen of death. Usually, it takes you to automatic repair and you can do whatever, but it is not taking me there. After the 😞 "error 0xc0000021a" screen, it takes me to error 0xc0000001 "Your PC couldn't start properly. After multiple tries, the operating system on your PC failed to start, so it needs to be repaired." Then it says press enter to... press f1, etc... I tried turning my PC off 3 times, but I do not even go to the "hp" logo, instead, it goes right to the blue screen of death. If I can't system restore or go to the command prompt, what do I do? By the way, I do not have installation media like a disk or USB or anything like that. Is there a way to access Automatic Repair or fix the blue screen error? Thanks for your help, this is my first HP post, and I really need help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You have a couple of options...

If you need to recover files, you can try to repair the problem.

Use another Windows PC to create a bootable USB installation flash drive with the media creation tool.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Boot from the installation media and when you get to the Install Now screen, on the lower left corner of that screen is a Repair your computer line to click on.

Click on that, and you will be given a few troubleshooting options.

Use the internet to google how to use the command prompt to fix boot errors and whatnot.

If none of that works, you can recover your files by installing Windows with the USB you created.

What you need to do is to install Windows over the existing Windows partition and it will create a Windows.old folder.

After W10 has completed installing, you can explore the windows.old folder, find your old user profile and copy any files you need to save onto a portable hard drive.

If you don't need to save any files and none of the repair options work, you can use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

One way or the other, you should be able to get your PC up and running again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You have a couple of options...

If you need to recover files, you can try to repair the problem.

Use another Windows PC to create a bootable USB installation flash drive with the media creation tool.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Boot from the installation media and when you get to the Install Now screen, on the lower left corner of that screen is a Repair your computer line to click on.

Click on that, and you will be given a few troubleshooting options.

Use the internet to google how to use the command prompt to fix boot errors and whatnot.

If none of that works, you can recover your files by installing Windows with the USB you created.

What you need to do is to install Windows over the existing Windows partition and it will create a Windows.old folder.

After W10 has completed installing, you can explore the windows.old folder, find your old user profile and copy any files you need to save onto a portable hard drive.

If you don't need to save any files and none of the repair options work, you can use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

One way or the other, you should be able to get your PC up and running again.

HP Recommended

Hi, I don't have a USB, but would an SD Card work?

HP Recommended

No.

You will have to use an 8 GB USB flash drive to make the plain W10 installation media and a 32 GB USB flash drive to make the cloud recovery media.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.