11-11-2019 02:41 PM
Every time I try to use my laptop, it let's me type in my password to log in and the goes to a blue error screen with an error code that says reference by pointer. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue. As a college student a laptop that doesnt work is not a fun time.
11-15-2019 03:07 PM
@Nikkifaythe27 I understand the computer gets a blue screen error, However, since you haven’t captured the error code or message,
I would request you to follow the below steps to capture and reply back with the error message/code to identify the issue and find a permanent fix:
- In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.
- In the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
- Under System Failure, remove the check mark next to automatically restart, and then click OK.
- Restart the computer to apply the change.
- The computer no longer restarts automatically when a blue screen error occurs.
For more details: click here
Please reply back with the error code as the issue is code specific and it would be rather easier to provide an accurate solution using the same.
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee