Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
255 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an issue with my laptop.

When I turn on my laptop, it shows the message below (image 1).

Some times after a few restarts, it works normally,

but now for two days, it doesn't.

Can you help me?

Thank you!

image 1image 1

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

image 1image 1

HP Recommended

When that screen shows up again, run the F2 Diagnostics and report back with the results.

Typically that warning means two things

1) the hard drive has failed and needs to be replaced

2) the boot loader to start Windows is corrupt, there is a media in the card reader, or a CD/DVD in the DVD drive or something that is connected to the computer is interfering with the bootup.  Disconnect all devices except the monitor, keyboard, and mouse and try again.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Now the laptop runs normally.

I went to  "HP  PC  Hardware Diagnostics UEFI", and I run all the tests that I found

(Quick Hard Drive Test, Extensive Hard Drive Test, Memory Test), and it passed all of them.

In the past, when the message showed up and I went also to "HP  PC  Hardware Diagnostics UEFI" to run the hard drive tests. Then it showed a message, that it has not detect any hard drive.

I have the laptop about 1 and a half year, and I have not open it, to clean it yet. Can this solve this issue?

Thank you again!

HP Recommended

Cleaning will not solve that warning.  If the "HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI" tells there is not hard drive, then there is either a loose connection to the hard drive or a flakey hard drive and it needs to be replaced.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

OK, thank you very much!

HP Recommended

You are welcome

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.