Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 14-dq1040w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop started up to an Error: 03F0 code and a message that there said “Boot Device/Manager not found”. Ran diagnostics where Memory and Hard Drive passed. The only thing that had an error was Storage (not sure what parts fall into that category) as it said that none could be found. Ran BIOS Setup Utility, reset to factory settings and no difference was made. Changed the Boot Options to Legacy and then back, but neither made a difference. No spills, no falls, no hits to the laptop. I still have an extended warranty with a second source being that my HP warranty already expired. Debating on whether this is an issue I can fix on my own or if I should send it in to get fixed by pros. Need this laptop for my son’s virtual schooling.

Thanks to anyone who can offer any help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.