Did you mean: 
Ebediel65
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Boot Device not found

HP Recommended
HP gaming desktop 690-0024

My Father took windows off and loaded Linux. In the process he repartitioned the computer to accommodate Linux. Later he also removed Linux because he couldn't get it to work correctly. Currently the computer has 5 partitions listed that say they must be reformatted to load Windows. 

I don't know how to reformat the hdd and remove the partitions so I can load windows back. He gave me a thumb drive, that he says I should be able to load windows from, complete with product key number that he purchased. Where do I start?

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,786 32,908 3,069 7,570
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ebediel65 

Your simplest move is to boot from the USB stick and when you get to the window where it asks where to install Windows, remove ALL the partitions.  It will then create the partitions needed during the install.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Ebediel65
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, I will give it a shot and let you know. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation