Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am unable to save  changes to boot order.  I login as the boot administrator, select the legacy boot option, configure the boot order, save the changes, exit, and when using F9 upon reboot, the old order is still displayed.  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I am running Linux Mint 19.3, NOT windows so there does not seem to be any help for this.  I change the boot sequence in BIOS but I cannot save the change.  I press f10 to save and exit and select es that I want to save the changes, but they do not get saved.  I no longer have any Windows 10 information on my computer but I cannot get rid of the persistent boot order that wants to start repairing Windows.

I need to change the boot order so I do not have to press the f9 every time I turn on my computer.  Surely there is a fix for this.

When a fix is available please email me the results.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I did not find the answer in your email.

However, I did manage to get the boot order changed.  
I pressed f10 to go to BIOS setup then went to the boot order.  Once I was there, I tried to change the boot order to boot from CD drive, then f10 to save and f10 again to exit.

It did not go to boot from CD but it did change the boot order to boot from Linux as the first choice.

So yes I am going good now.

Thanks all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.