cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Boot device not found 3FO cannot find os partition

HP Recommended
Hp omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Suddenly while starting my omen laptop I receive the message boot device not found 

I tried almost everything written on this site 

Using minitool partition wizard I found out that my os partition (C) is not seen anywhere while I can see D partition and recovery partition. 

Is it possible that c just suddenly disappeared? And how come I see other partitions from same hard disk? Any chance to get it back? Am I supposed to simply change my whole hard disk?

Pls help

By the way I'm not very expert 

Thx 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
26,128 26,061 2,387 5,668
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Alainkeyrouz 

Without knowing the specific model of the Omen laptop, my guess would be that it has two physical "disks" -- and SSD (to hold the OS files) and an HDD (to hold everything else).

If MTPW is only showing the HDD, that implies that your SSD has crashed -- and if that is the case, you would have to get it replaced, and if this is one of the models that has a sealed case, that is a very difficult thing to do without doing serious damage, which then would not be covered by the warranty.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yep that's actually what happened. 

Well I decided to open up my laptop from the back and found out that some cables connecting the hard disk were little loose so i simply adjusted them (very carefully) and suddenly everything worked out well so it WAS actually a hardware issue as you mentioned.

Anyway thanks a lot.

Regards

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation