Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario CQ60-615DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

😞
Your device has ran into an issue. We're collecting more information, then we'll restart for you.

(not a huge deal, just  wanna get it fixed)

My Compaq CQ60-615DX has been having issues handling Windows 10 Setup....   (its the Celeron version)

Yesterday (January 23rd, 2021) I installed the installation media into a SSD, and put the SSD into the laptop.
It worked, and went into WIndows Setup.

Once I got to the part where you finished setting up Windows (setting language etc) it got to signing into wifi, then it started taking 5+ minutes to respond to clicks.  
After half an hour of trying, it just gave up, and restarted, giving me the error message "memory management failure" or something like that.
I shut it down through the windows recovery interface, and left it for today.

I boot it this morning, and it decided to, instead of going into the setup screen, it crashed, and sent me to windows recovery, where i decided to reset the PC and reinstall Windows.

This is where the fun began.

It takes about 20min (thx ssd) and then shows me a black screen.
I waited.

I waited some more.

Finally, i gave up and restarted the PC

This is where i am now.

Boot loop.

Every time it gives me a different error message.

SYSTEM MEMORY EXCEPTION (or something like that)

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

INTERRUPT EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP

PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

DC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

....and so much more.

Sometimes it just freezes and dosent respond..

its a 64bit CPU, and a 64bit installation, why am i having these issues...?

help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Have you tried reinstalling W10 clean by making bootable installation media using the Media creation tool?

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

If not, you may want to give that a try.

If you are asked to enter a product key during the installation process, select the 'I don't have a product key' option.

I once had a memory module go bad on me and Windows would not start.

I had to clean install Windows and then I installed a new memory module in place of the defective one I had removed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

With all of those memory issues, you may have a defective memory module.

Run the memory test in the BIOS and see if it reports any issues.

If not, then if your notebook has two memory modules, remove one and run the notebook off the remaining one.

If you still have problems, remove that memory chip and install the first one you removed and see if the issue goes away.

If it does you have isolated the bad memory chip and can replace it with a new one.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the memory removal and replacement procedure.

488764-003.book (hp.com)

HP Recommended

I think one of them was dead, because it would freeze up when it was the only memory module.

using the other one gets me to the 'preparing' screen, then

"The computer restarted unexpectedly, or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To Install windows, Click OK to restart the computer, and then restart the installation".

Theres a OK button.

But the thing is, it cant restart the installation.
It just does the same thing again.

🙂

HP Recommended

Have you tried reinstalling W10 clean by making bootable installation media using the Media creation tool?

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

If not, you may want to give that a try.

If you are asked to enter a product key during the installation process, select the 'I don't have a product key' option.

I once had a memory module go bad on me and Windows would not start.

I had to clean install Windows and then I installed a new memory module in place of the defective one I had removed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.