Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Serial Number (removed content) Product Number T1D62EA#ABU

i am a little disappointed in boot up time which takes about 25 seconds. The main delay seems to be the time taken before the HP logo appears. It takes about 5 or 6 seconds before a message 'press esc key to enter startup menu' appears and then another few seconds before the HP logo. After that it is very quick.

Is there any way to boot straight to the HP logo?

Prior to buying this notebook I did buy one from Microsoft Store (decided to change because of larger SSD hard drive) and that notebook booted up in 1.1 seconds. I think it was called a Signature Edition of the Spectre x360 and apparently contained no bloatware although I'm not sure if that affected the boot time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@bigals55ajr

Thank you for the update,

As you've mentioned about the various changes you've made, 
I was wondering if the issue has now been resolved and if there's anything else I may help you with,

Keep me posted,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@bigals55ajr
Thank you for showing your interest in the HP Forums,
I’d like to help 🙂

As I understand you want to reduce the boot time as it takes longer than usual to boot into windows,

Don't worry as i have a few steps & links to help resolve this concern,

Here's a link that should help reduce the boot time: Click here (look under Timeout field)

And a related post on HP Forums that seem to have helped others: Click here

Let me know if you need any further assistance,

Keep me posted,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Many thanks for your reply. I'll have a try at what you said and let you know my thoughts

HP Recommended

@bigals55ajr

Thank you for replying!

I'll be eagerly waiting for your response,

Please take your time and keep me posted

Have a good day, Ahead

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have now tried the suggestion about timeout delay. Mine was set to 30 seconds so I have changed it to 3 seconds (this is the minimum permitted). I also intend to try the Startup Delayed program which appears to be a good idea. My boot time from switch on to desktop is now 14 seconds. (I made a mistake in my original which should have read 11 seconds and not 1.1)

HP Recommended

@bigals55ajr

Thank you for the update,

As you've mentioned about the various changes you've made, 
I was wondering if the issue has now been resolved and if there's anything else I may help you with,

Keep me posted,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.