Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook x360 1030 g2
Other

Recently due to some  issues on an

HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2 (ENERGY STAR)

Product1BS96UT#ABA

[Personal Information Removed]

It started complaining about 

"BootDevice Not Found

"Please install an operating system on your hard disk.

"Hard Disk - (3PO)

"F2 System Diagnostics

"For more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

Because of the issue mentioned earlier, I suspected the SSD may have failed, so I decided to replace the SSD with a newer (and larger) drive which is a "Crucible" SSD which indicated was compatible with the HP laptop device.

Since this is a new drive, there is no OS present on it yet, but the expectation is to re-install fresh Windows 10 setup.

Following installation, continued to receive message like the previously mentioned.

I've tried:

(1) Running the Diagnostic tests on the system (Memory Passed but Hard Drive fails to recognized)

(2) Obtained the UEFI and attempted further diagnostics all of which passed but still did not recognize the drive

(3) Updating the Bios to the latest and still no luck

(4) Using the Media Creation Tool to try to installed Windows 10 on the drive however this also does not recognize the drive.

I am close to the point of giving up but was hopeful someone here might have some suggestions.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ebresie, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I appreciate your detailed explanation of the issue and also your efforts in trying to resolve the issue. Since you have already tried all the possible steps, I'd further recommend you reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options/remote assistance for your computer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.