Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 14q-cs000TU
Linux

Hi all

So far I was working with Ubuntu on my HP notebook 14q-cs000TU. It was ok.

I decided to clean the whole system & install Windows & Ubuntu side by side.

Going to do that I encountered  the installation prompt of CD/ DVD device driver. Both the Windows & Ubuntu promoting for it.

My hardware came with freeDos & without a optical drive.

Please, tell me what I should do to solve it. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@SUVdeSuper 

I'm sorry, but we here are not equipped to provide detailed Linux support.

The primary "challenge" to using Linux on any HP PC is the availability of Linux drivers. Any hardware that does not work will then range from simple (if there are Linux drivers available) to impossible (if there are NO Linux drivers available) to fix.

Since HP does not provide Linux drivers, your best bet for Linux support is to contact the support forum for the Linux distro you are using -- in this case, the Ubuntu Forums: http://ubuntuforums.org/

Folks on Linux support forums have experience using a variety of machines with Linux and know a lot about driver and installation issues. You will be able to get sound and detailed help there.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
  • @WAWood thanks for the reply.

FYI, I tried to install both the Windows & Ubuntu on the system with a bootable USB stick. I used Rufus for that.

Regards

SUV

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.