Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen transcend 14

I am using the omen transcend 14 laptop and the screen froze so I held the power button to turn it off and when I turned it back on the booting screen was frozen and has been for a couple days, can anyone help me

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @MichaelNat,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing a boot freeze issue with your HP Omen Transcend 14 laptop, which can be frustrating. Here are several steps you can try to resolve the issue:

Hard Reset:

• Turn off your laptop completely.
  • Disconnect all external devices (USB drives, printers, etc.).
  • Unplug the power adapter.
  • If your model allows, remove the battery. For models with non-removable batteries, skip this step.
  • Press and hold the power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual power.
  • Reinsert the battery (if you removed it), connect the power adapter, and try turning the laptop on again.

Access Safe Mode (If possible):

• Start your computer and immediately press the F8 key repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears. If Windows 10 or later is installed, you might need to interrupt the normal boot process three times in a row to trigger the recovery environment.
  • Select “Safe Mode” using the arrow keys and press Enter.
  • If the computer successfully boots into Safe Mode, you may uninstall recent software installations or update drivers which could be causing the issue.

BIOS/UEFI Reset:

• Turn on or restart the computer and immediately press Esc continuously until the startup menu appears, then press F10 to enter BIOS Setup.
  • Once in BIOS Setup, look for an option like “Restore Defaults” or “Load Setup Defaults” (the exact term varies by manufacturer).
  • Save and exit BIOS. This can sometimes resolve any configuration issues by resetting the system setup to factory defaults.

Check for Error Messages or Beeps:

• Listen for any beep codes when you turn on the laptop. Beep codes or LED blink patterns can indicate what kind of hardware problem the laptop might be facing.
  • Look at the screen for any error messages. If any specific error message is displayed, searching for that message online can provide more targeted troubleshooting steps.

Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE):

• If you can access WinRE, you can perform startup repair, system restore, or even reset your PC from there.
  • To access WinRE, power on and off your laptop three times using the power button right when you see the Windows logo. On the third restart, the laptop should enter into the Windows Recovery Environment.
  • From there, you can choose “Troubleshoot” and then “Advanced options” to access “Startup Repair,” “System Restore,” or “Reset this PC.”

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.