cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Bootup

HP Recommended
HP 15-dw0000 Laptop PC

I turn the laptop on, the screen flickers as if it's booting up, then it shuts off. I can hear something like the hard drive cutting off when it shuts off. I look on the side and the power led comes on then also shuts off. I left the computer overnight, came back to it turn it on and it comes on but doesn't even get to windows and it just flickers with grains like the old TVs back in the day when you adjust the antenna. Now it just does the same reboot problem it had before. I want to assume its a hard drive problem so I can just swap it out since I have another laptop which is the same and that one doesn't have any problems but I want to get another opinion. 

And yes, I tried every option on the hp website and non have worked for me. I tried hitting the Esc key and that brings nothing up. I also tried F2 and nothing.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
25,912 25,818 2,372 5,607
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@danklulz 

while we can not stop you from swapping drives from one laptop to another, that is NOT going to work even if they are the same model because the Windows license is tied to the laptop, not to the owner.  So while it might boot into Windows alright, once you get online, it will check that activation and deactivate Windows on that drive -- and there will be nothing you can do to get it activated again because that copy is tied to the other PC.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation