Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just received and setup a brand new HP ProBook 450 5G (i5-8250U, 500GB HDD, 20G RAM) on 10/20/2018. The startup time is extremely slow (slower than my 7 year old PC running Windows 7).  It takes a while to get to the login screen and then, once the fingure is swipped still time to get to the actual desktop (sometimes with a black screen in the process).  Even after the desktop has been reached, there's significant drag.

What gives?  What's causing this and how do fix it?

Thank you for any assistance you may have

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

If the computer is brand new it could be that Windows is updating and even downloading a newer edition of Windows. Try going into settings > Update & Security > Click on verify for updates. Let the PC completly update, might need a couple of reboots. Also, perform all the updates in HP support assistant. Once the PC is completly see if the problem of slow boot persists.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Hello there, We provide technical service for computer. Our customer has probook 450 g5 laptop.

We encountered the same problem. When our customer brought his device, the device was switched on in about 5 minutes.

When you press the computer power, a few minutes on the hp logo, then a few minutes on the windows logo was waiting.

Once again we have installed the system as UEFI, we have installed all the updates and drivers smoothly. But the result is the same.

This time we installed the system as Legacy. We have installed all drivers and updates without any problems. The computer was turned on in 30 seconds from the moment you pressed the Power key until the desktop arrived.

This 30-second opening is too much. Even in the first generation of i3 processors, we give a 15-second opening speed.  

I don't want to name the problem as UEFI or LEGACY. But there is a problem somewhere.

We ask you to review the problem.

Best Regards.

HP Recommended

install an nvme ssd and just use the hdd for data storage only. MUCH faster! you can clone the orignal disk using macrium reflect (free). mine boots (from power on to windows 10 desktop) in 11-12secs

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.