cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Sfisher76
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Bsod

HP Recommended
Hp stream
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hp stream 32. Windows 10.Good morning.  Ok, first I will say that for last few months I've been trying update as directed. Have NVR been successful due to full disc, even though I removed everything from it except uninstallable apps/files. Nothing. Couldn't even reset pc because of no space. That was aggravating enough and now as of 2 days ago I've got the BSOD. I have done EVERYTHING . Many different command prompt "fixes" and other ideas I've found via the web. My error code is bad system config. I am unable to boot to Windows at all. Automatic repair kicks in as soon as powers up. Can't get to safe mode, won't reset or restore . Still says no disc space . Argggg..... As I've been reading I've found out that there's been a lot of probs with this model . Is there anyway to fix it? Or do I just have a paper weight now.... 

I do not have usb  or hard copy to reinstall though I do have my product key

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,049 26,486 3,093 6,660
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sfisher76 

The term "hardcopy" means "printed" -- so of course, you're not going to be able to reinstall using that.  But you will have to obtain a USB stick because the only thing that is going to work on the Stream is a full reinstall, and you have to create Win10 media on a USB stick to do that.

If your PC is a 2016 model or newer, you should see if you can make a bootable USB recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool on a working PC.

The recovery drive can then be used to install Win10 and the HP drivers and utilities that originally came with your PC.

Here is the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation