Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14-ec0000nl

Hello everyone, yesterday i was trying to boot my laptop (dual boot W11 and Fedora 39) after a couple of months of non-use but it was displying "CMOS checksum invalid..." so i pressed enter to let it do the reset it was asking to do. After this i tried to start it again but this time there were another error and every time i pressed Enter it shut down the computer (i don't remember the error message). Since it was late and i wanted to go to sleep I simply turned it off. This morning i fully charged the laptop and after some hours I entered the BIOS to check if something was weird (as I was expecting date was wrong) and then tried again to power it on but this time I was facing a different error, "Selected boot image did not authenticate". I tought it was messing up with GRUB so i tried to disable secure boot and restart. After these changes it loaded GRUB and I could log into Fedora. Now if i enter in the BIOS, date is ok and time is on a different time zone but correct. What happened? Do I have to do something? I always used secure boot even with Fedora (it supports secure boot)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Sorry, but HP does not provide Linux support -- even with BIOS issues, because we don't know what Linux can do to your BIOS settings, nor do we know how to fix those. 

Your best bet is to go to the support forum for the Linux distro you are using -- folks there know the inner workings of that distro and will be able to assist you with BIOS related issues.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.