Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-bs102nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I would like to set my laptop to turn on with any key on the keyboard or using an external keyboard. I was looking for setting options in the BIOS, but I only found the basic settings there, I can't get to the advanced settings. Can you advise me if it is possible to adjust the options for turning on of my computer, or how to get to the next BIOS settings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TomK83 

HP has locked out the Advanced BIOS options, so you have no way of getting into those.

If you don't see a BIOS/UEFI setting that allows you to turn on the laptop by pressing a key, then there is nothing you can do to make this work.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@TomK83 

HP has locked out the Advanced BIOS options, so you have no way of getting into those.

If you don't see a BIOS/UEFI setting that allows you to turn on the laptop by pressing a key, then there is nothing you can do to make this work.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.