Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook x360 11 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have an HP ProBook X360 11 G3 laptop with Windows 10. It will no longer boot into Windows or BIOS. The caps lock light gives 2 long & 2 short flashes. I have seen in other posts that this is a corrupted BIOS file.

However, I have tried several of the solutions and have yet to have any luck getting into the BIOS. Nothing displays on the screen. The power light remains solid when powered and the caps lock light will go through its error flashes continuously.

I have tried hard resetting the laptop by removing the battery and charger then discharging power by holding down the power button for 30 seconds. I've tried removing the CMOS battery, a different SSD, and powering on without the battery just with the charger. 

The BIOS recovery method with either WINDOWS KEY + B or V has not produced any results. 

Any help / advice from anyone on here or from HP would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@user1993 

Here are some more troubleshooting steps you can try: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.