Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 2020 3A693EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have watched countless tutorials and in every tutorial I have to Enable Legacy Mode in order to boot from a USB drive, but the same option is not available in my BIOS.

Product No:   HP Omen 15 2020 | 3A693EA

BIOS Version: F.05-07/27/2020

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@qwweqw

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

First disable Secure Boot and check if you can enable Legacy Boot

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04784866

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have already Disabled Secure Boot. I tried every single solution on the internet including the HP Forums and I have not found a solution that makes it display  the Legacy mode option. Here is my BIOS, keep in mind I already had Disabled Secure Boot days prior. I also does not show when it is Enabled either.

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-09 at 07.40.20.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-10-09 at 07.40.34.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-10-09 at 07.40.49.jpeg

HP Recommended

@qwweqw

Set BIOS default and restart:

• Restart your notebook.   
  • During startup, press F10 repeatedly until the BIOS menu is displayed.    
  • Once the BIOS menu is displayed, press F9 to restore factory defaults.   
  • Select Yes to confirm.    
  • Press F10 to save changes and exit.  
  • Select Yes to confirm.   
  • The computer restarts using the default settings.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@TEJ1602

I do not want default settings. I already know how to do that. I want the option for "Legacy Boot" to be displayed so that I can ENABLE it.

HP Recommended

@qwweqw Perhaps, I can give my 2 cents:

Press the power button to turn on the computer, and then immediately press the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup Menu opens. Select BIOS Setup (F10), and then press Enter. Select the Advanced tab, and then select Boot Options. Under Legacy Boot Order, select a boot device, and then press Enter.

For more details: click here and let me know if you need anything else,

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same issue.

My Omen 15-dh1xxx laptop Is 2 weeks old.

Product No: 173Y7EA,

BIOS version: F0.15, 21/9/2020,

My bios screen is the same as  Qwweqw and does not have an 'Advanced' tab and no way to enable legacy mode or view the legacy boot order.

The setup screens shown in the links given look nothing like ours.

I have 2 other HP machines, a Probook laptop and a Pavillion desktop which have the legacy options and work.  I have performed all the tests and processes mentioned to no avail.

Thanks in anticipation of a straight forward solution.

HP Recommended

I am facing the same issue! Have tried everything to install Ubuntu on my one week old laptop. Just does not freaking budge. Is there no way to enable legacy support? I don't mind changing my BIOS too! 

When I try to do a clean Ubuntu install (wiped my SSD clean) it shows a "grub installation failed. This is a fatal error". Most of the solutions point to changing the boot options to enable legacy support. However, is it possible to write our own boot file with grub options?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you guys solved this issue? I have the same problem, but my machine has a faulty display. When I will get back the new one, I will have to install OS to it, but without booting from  usb, I will not be able to.

HP Recommended

No, no ,no.

None of the solutions you have given us worked at all and some of them completely ignore my Description of what is wrong with my laptop. 

I have already tried to change the boot order, selected the boot device, messed around with the boot options to no avail, I tried every single settings that is visible to me on every single pre-boot menu and afterwards reset my settings to default to try it one last time and again it did not work. The link you gave me in "Click here for more details" is not even the same BIOS I have on this laptop, which I SENT the screenshots to in this very thread. I cannot find Legacy Boot and therefore I am unable to boot from a USB Stick, for the past month I tried everything, nothing worked. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.