Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Can't reset BIOS password

Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I'm having this issue for a couple weeks now. I read a lot of material regarding this subject yet I was unsuccessful on resolving this problem. I don't normally post anything on such forums, because I usually find an answer by just searching deep enough. But this time I simply can't seem to find what I need.

Issue is that I can't access my BIOS, because it is asking for an administrative password, which I don't recall setting up. Couple months before I had access to BIOS without any password. I do not know what caused this issue.

First thing, that I did was to try using a backdoor password generated on bios-pw.org. My "system is disabled" code was: [i 50777409]. But none of those passwords worked. I also tried different programms, which were essentially the same thing, since they were suggesting me same passwords. Nothing worked.

Second thing, that I tried was doing a hardware BIOS reset by temporarely removing CMOS battery from the motherboard. I opened my notebook, I took off all necessary parts in order to get to the battery (which is supposed to be located on the other side of the motherboard according to the user manual), but there was nothing. There was a contour in shape of CMOS battery slot and two holes, which I suppose were meant to hold the slot. But the actual slot and battery were missing. That made me even more unhappy...

Third thing, that I tried was using various software to reset BIOS. But again, nothing helped. I would get screen saying that CMOS memory is reset and BIOS will be reset to its default settings, but password would remain.

Fourth thing, was me updating my BIOS. I hoped that this will help. But it didn't. But this time I had a new "system is disabled code":  i 74869253. After getting a new code, I again, tried my first step - backdoor password. But as you can already guess, none of those passwords worked. And to clarify things, I tried different variations of that code:

i 74869253

i  74869253

I did the same thing with the first code too. Nothing worked.

So, I'm here. Quite desperate. I hope you will be able to help.

Sincerely,

Nizomiddin  

4 REPLIES 4
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,897 16,697
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Hazeman_ 

Enter  43436612

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

Hazeman_
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hey! It worked! Where did you get that? 

0 Kudos
Level 18
49,520 49,455 9,897 16,697
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I wrote the script last year :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

RobertOliveira
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello David, could you help me too? I have the same problem. My laptop is an HP 246 G6, the HASH that appears is (i 53910145). Plz, save me 😞

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation