Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp envy 6-1150ec
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Hi, my systen is corrupted and when i tries to recover bios fron win + B option, only capslock key start to blink twice.

I followed how to make USB bios disk from another computer, but when i download bios file no HP bios utility showed up its somehow tried to install on my desktop which is by the way acer.

So is there anyway how can i download my bios file and make usb disk?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@bollix wrote:
Hi, my systen is corrupted and when i tries to recover bios fron win + B option, only capslock key start to blink twice.

I followed how to make USB bios disk from another computer, but when i download bios file no HP bios utility showed up its somehow tried to install on my desktop which is by the way acer.

Your notebook is not new enough to have the type of BIOS download files that allow being made from a different PC and installed to a USB flash drive.

What you can do is create an HP 3-in-1 Diagnostics  USB flash drive that may allow you to recover your BIOS. See the following website. 

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/pps/pl_...

Did this issue happen because of an attempt to update the BIOS?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@bollix wrote:

Your notebook is not new enough to have the type of BIOS download files that allow being made from a different PC and installed to a USB flash drive.

What you can do is create an HP 3-in-1 Diagnostics  USB flash drive that may allow you to recover your BIOS. See the following website. 

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/pps/pl_...

Did this issue happen because of an attempt to update the BIOS?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Hi, thanks for you help, it worked, but i got another issue, but it doesnt belong to this section.
HP Recommended

as you mentioned about the 3 in1 bootable USB I could not find the 3 in 1 but found the 4 in1 how will i run it on my laptop though.. I used a different computer to create it. The computer I am having trouble with would start with a black screen with caps blinking and fan running.

I have tried resetting, windows +B+power button

also tried windows+V+power sequence it did work for initially and i tried to upgrade bios and in the middle of the bios upgrade it automatically shut itself down.

Now it won't even start or go on the HP screen. when i first start i see CAPS+NUM blink 2 short times and then a long pause and then again 2 short blinks and this happens 5 times and then computer shuts itself down. and then when it automatically power it back up the caps lock is blinking and fun running with a black screen.

This is an ELiteBook 8570W machine so pretty old called HP they are asking for $400

HP Recommended

as you mentioned about the 3 in1 bootable USB I could not find the 3 in 1 but found the 4 in1 how will i run it on my laptop though.. I used a different computer to create it. The computer I am having trouble with would start with a black screen with caps blinking and fan running.

I have tried resetting, windows +B+power button

also tried windows+V+power sequence it did work for initially and i tried to upgrade bios and in the middle of the bios upgrade it automatically shut itself down.

Now it won't even start or go on the HP screen. when i first start i see CAPS+NUM blink 2 short times and then a long pause and then again 2 short blinks and this happens 5 times and then computer shuts itself down. and then when it automatically power it back up the caps lock is blinking and fun running with a black screen.

This is an ELiteBook 8570W machine so pretty old called HP they are asking for $400

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.