Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Notebook
Microsoft Windows XP

Working on my computer the other day when all of a sudden screen went black and all lights quick working and won't boot back up. This is on a Hp Notebook- 15-ba009dx. So after doing some trouble shooting, I felt the mother board went bad as I was getting nothing, no fan, no blinking lights and power source was found to be working all the way onto the mother board. So put in another motherboard and now have the caplock light flashing and fan running, but no boot up. Have tried a hard bios reset, ram replacement with known working card and window+b power on and still no luck getting anything to work. I'm out of ideas! So if you have any other suggestion, I'm all ears!! Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@crazyolbob,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to Windows and the caps lock light is blinking.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you refer to the below article to understand the caps lock light blinking pattern and the exact issue associated with it.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.