10-13-2017 04:26 PM
Caps Lock and Num Lock blinking 3 times / Memory module issue. Have figured out that much. Reseated the memory modules and same issue. Black screen, fan on, 3 buttons light up (wireless, sound and globe). Purchased a replacement memory dimm and still having the same issue. Online direction at this point is to call HP support but no longer under warranty. Anyone have any direction or experience with this situation? Thank you.
10-13-2017 07:05 PM
Please try a hard reset and see if it works.
1. Power off your laptop
2. Remove the a/c adapter, battery and everything that is attached to your laptop.
3. Hold the 'POWER 'button down on your laptop for about 10 seconds.
4. Plug in the a/c power supply (without battery) and power on.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
10-13-2017 07:17 PM
Hi, Thank you for your response. I tried that exact process and still having the same issue unfortunately. Any other suggestions? Thank you.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)