cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Orion10
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Charging icon blinking device not booting

HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G3 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I have this problem recently, sometimes the device won't turn on and the charging icon keeps blinking with orange and with colors. I tried first time to hold power on button for 1 minute and got the caps lock button blinking 3 times then the device turned on, I thought I had it all fixed but few days after the same problem occurred, then I removed the battery and the adapter and got the battery back and it worked, but it looks like the problem keeps on popping up. Today I had the same issue but when finally the laptop booted, a bios message said something about Bios ID being restored (I don't remember well the message and couldn't get any pictures), this happened two times in a row and it's making me confused really because I don't know what's the problem here. I have latest updates of Bios and all other drivers, did diagnostic via HP PC Hardware diagnostic and everything is okay.

Anyone faced the same problem and got it solved?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation