Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Chromebook 14
Chrome OS

my mouse on my chromebook 14 disappears and it requires a bunch of reboots to get it back.

1.  Other people have posted a similar problem and HP has not provided any guidance other than to send you to some notes on how to adjust a mouse for windows.  Not a windows computer!

2.  Won't even mention how loud my fan is.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @kt22michael ,

Thank you for your query, I regret you are experiencing a difficulty with your Chromebook.

HP does not support the Chrome OS.

Here are two links that may assist you.

Chromebook Help

Chrome Support .

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

What?  You are telling me that HP won't support a problem on its own hardware?

I bought the HP Chromebook 14 specifcially because it was built by HP.

Not only does the cursor disappear but the darn fan is loud (as if it is hitting the case of the chromebook).

HP Recommended

Hi @kt22mike ,

HP does support the hardware of your notebook but not the software.  You stated  you had an issue with your cursor disappearing and rebooting helped.  That is software which is why I referred you to Chrome support.

If you have determined you have a hardware issue please contact HP support for assistance.

Please call our technical support at 800 474 6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get a support number for your region.

World Wide Phone Support

Have a good weekend!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I contacted HP regarding my disappearing cursor problem and their response was that HP does not support the Chrome operating system and that I should contact Google.  

They did not even try to figure out that it might be a hardware problem - just immedately dismissed the problem and placed the blame on Google.  Didn't even try to see if there was something wrong with the machine itself.  Just said - "chromebook - contact google".  

Sad to see what was once a great company known for its support degrade into an also ran computer supplier.  Will probably go the way of DG, Wang, Digital, etc.  

HP Recommended

I was having the same problem with my Chromebook 14 until I saw a suggested fix from one of the chrome forums.  To solve the problem - when the cursor feezes or disappears - sharply tap underneath the touchpad (basically on the bottom of the chromebook) where the cursor has frozen or as close as the location to where the cursor disappeared.  The cursor unfreezes or reappears in working condition.  

So regardless of what HP says - the problem is a hardware problem not a chrome issue.  They should acknowledge this issue and offer a return policy on this hardware - but they won't.  

HP Recommended

Hi @kt22mike

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

My Chromebook 14's cursor disappears and I must reboot it several times to get it back.  HP support told me to check on the discussion board to look for an answer.

Thank you, kt22mike for your advice!  Sharply tapping underneath the touchpad works!  Thank you so much.  I was about ready to toss the Chromebook in the trash.  Have a great day!

HP Recommended

be careful.  I hit the bottom of my chromebook once too may times and it died, prmanently.  There is clearly a problem with the touchpad and HP refuses to acknowledge it.    I had to toss the notebook (try erasing your personal data without a touchpad! - need to do a factory restore using a thumbdriver and download software from Google.

Bought a Asus 11 inch chromebook and it is so much better, cheaper and lighter.  No fan so there is no noise.  And before I was also having my wireless disconnect for no apparent reason - this too has been resolved.

Someone from HP called me to discuss my problems and all they could say was my computer was out of warranty - so we are so sorry for your problems but suck it up!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip. I've been having many problems with the cursor dissapearing and that sharp tap under the touchpad worked wonders. I was so tired of restarting my chromebook.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.