Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Envy x360 that I purchased at Best Buy on 08/05/2017 has been acting up this weekend.  Upon starting the computer, it will allow me to get to the password sign on screen but after entry, the screen goes black and does not go any further.  I was able to start it up and run a quick test on the computer and everything passed. 

My next step is to perform a system recovery to see if that addresses the problem.  Any other suggestions?  Computer is just over a month in use and my only software additions are Microsoft Office.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This is an issue reported by many members over the last few days and is a Windows Update issue. If you leave it sitting at the black screen for 5-10 it should open desktop screen.

HP just released this Patch to install:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81501-82000/sp81965.exe

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

This is an issue reported by many members over the last few days and is a Windows Update issue. If you leave it sitting at the black screen for 5-10 it should open desktop screen.

HP just released this Patch to install:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81501-82000/sp81965.exe

HP Recommended

Let me try and see if I can ever get it to go past the sign in screen and apply the update you noted.  Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

@jbrown6519_1

It should get to desktop if you wait.10 minutes is longest I have seen anyone report-most say it takes 5 minutes.

HP Recommended

I have left my pc on for a day and it’s not going past the black screen. I have reset to back to factory settings but it still will not go past the black screen so how do I install the HP patch if I can’t open the pc 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.