Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
15hp46
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Came home and computer was off and wont boot. Wont enter safe mode. System restore didnt fix it, even though I restored to before the issue. Startup Repair couldn't repair PC. It is stuck in a loop that will only allow Command Prompt. I did a DISM image repair that completed successfully, but still wont boot. Command prompt starts in X drive, which contains boot but windows is in C. Ran extensive BIOS tests and everything was fine.

HP laptop running Windows 10 64bit

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I ran AFC/scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows to run system scan and received error message:

'There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart windows and run sfc again' but I can boot or open windows..

So I ran dism.exe /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions but received the error message: 'Error: 0x800f082f An error occurred reverting the pending actions from the image.' And left a DISM log file.

I ran sfc /scannow and it went to verification 100% complete then said 'Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation".

HP Recommended

I could not reset the value in the Registry Editor, as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\SessionsPending only has 'default' listed, no Exclusive or TotalSessionPhases to change value of.

HP Recommended

*Sorry, not BIOS tests, I ran the UEFI Diagnostic tests

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.