Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-ec0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to create two separate systems on two different drives. So that I don't have to choose which system to boot into every time I turn on my laptop. More like plugging into one HDD instead of another with the system needed but without actually doing so physically. And the biggest challenge for me is creating such a configuration so when, let's say, system A on a drive A is loaded its user nor the software is anable to access drive B.

I've already tried going dual-boot route but it didn't workout for me as I hoped it would.

Appreciate your time and effort helping me with this unothrodox request.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PerchJerky 

Go into Disk Management and remove the drive letter(s) for the partitions you do not want that user to see.  The drives will still be there, but they will not be able to see them in Windows.

You boot into each of the drives and hide the partitions on the other drive.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@PerchJerky 

Go into Disk Management and remove the drive letter(s) for the partitions you do not want that user to see.  The drives will still be there, but they will not be able to see them in Windows.

You boot into each of the drives and hide the partitions on the other drive.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Does this mean that software on one of the drive won't be able to access another drive? E.g. malicious programs spreading to the hidden drive.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.