Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elite X2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all. I now have 2 Elite X2s that will not power on.  It came on out of the blue. Both users were working fine and now the machines will not power on.

I noticed other threads in here with different models in the last few days saying the same thing. - I find that odd - no matter.

On both of these units, we have done the usual. unplug, remove peripherals, hold power + volume up, release, try again. No power.

Sadly, I cannot get my hands on the units and will not get the users to pull them apart - likely end up more broken than they are now.

Is there something strange going on, or is it just freaky timing? Sorry if that's not enough info. I wanted to start a conversation with the community to see if others are noticing the same and if you've managed to get the Elite's going without pulling them apart.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Update for those of you in the same boat.  So far we have gotten one of them to come back to life by attaching a brand new power supply and a brand new keyboard.  We shall see if the same works for the other tablet. 

For those interested I will keep you posted

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.