Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 2570p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi folks, I'm new here. Looks like a lot of great answers here but none that help me solve my issue. It seems that others have experienced the same issue but the problem hasn't been solved. My laptop has been functioning perfectly until the other day I released the battery from underneath and slid the metal case off the bottom just to take a look, I didn't touch anything except a little bit of dust that was clogged in the fan, I may or may not have given the fan a little blow of air with my mouth. I then put the case back on and connected the battery and left the laptop on the desk without trying to turn it on. A few hours later I noticed that even though the laptop wasn't on, two of the 4 lights on the very  front were lit white, the power symbol led and the lightning symbol. The lightning symbol was alternating between white and orange constantly. I opened the lid to also see the led next to the power on button lit white constantly. I plugged in the laptop and hit the power on button but nothing happened, only the constant led pattern mentioned above. I then tried it without the battery but with the power supply and it was the same. I also tried it with only the battery and it was the same. The battery charge status on the battery itself indicates the battery is 50% charged (2 led out of 4 when button is pressed). I then checked the power supply voltage with a multimeter and it was giving the correct voltage.  I then tried a different power outlet with a different power supply, still same problem.  I then left the laptop disconnected from all power (including battery out) and pressed the power button for 1 minute to discharge capacitors and reset. Still the same. Then left with  no power overnight. Still the same. I then reseated the ram, still the same.

Does anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hai jamie, I am Suseno from Indonesia. I have the same quetion with you. Some friend say that there is a short circuit on the motherboard. I have to get my laptop to service centre or buy a used motherboard to change.

is it your laptop Ok now? What did you do to yours?

tell me if you don't mind...

my regard,

Seno

HP Recommended

I have the same laptop whit the same problem, and I think I have the solution!

Have tried everything, until I notice that the problem occurred from the keyboard, when the keyboard is connected on the laptop and the power supply to the unit is cut off (disconnect the AC adapter and the battery or the AC is disconnected and the battery is drained out), then when you put the power back (connect the AC or connect a charged battery) the power on led gets on (white colour) and the battery led gets on (white colour) with flashing orange.

I thing and hope that it is an issue with the keyboard (otherwise it must be an issue with the board!), without it connected the laptop works fine, or if you connect first the AC adapter and then the keyboard it works fine !!

I'm going to order a new keyboard, I hope I won't waste my money !

I've got the new keyboard and replaced it, and that was the problem, not it's working fine again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.