cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
15ba042au
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Enabling secure boot

HP Recommended
Hp15ba042au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I want to enable UEFI boot system on my notebook, till now my hard drive is formatted as MBR and my pc supports both legacy and uefi mode. When I enable it in the BIOS setup the operating systems fails to start or says is is not installed. I need help with the step by step process. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,852 24,531 3,149 7,864
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@15ba042au 

Of course it fails to start up!  With Secure Boot and UEFI boot, the drive must be formatted GPT, not MBR, and Windows must have been installed in UEFI mode.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,852 24,531 3,149 7,864
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@15ba042au 

Of course it fails to start up!  With Secure Boot and UEFI boot, the drive must be formatted GPT, not MBR, and Windows must have been installed in UEFI mode.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation