Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 13-ad015na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop is Frozen on sleep mode with fan Super loud and turning constantly, but turn on or turn off or hard reset with power button doesn't work at all.

First thing is, I can't hard reset or turn off my laptop at all. The problem is my Laptop was on sleep, now the fan is super loud and constant, when I open the laptop, the screen won't turn off. But when I go to try turn it off using the power button it won't turn off, or when I try to hard reset by holding power button for longer nothing happens. 

So the Fan js super loud and constant, the keyboard light is on and the charging port light is on white. But I can't do anything, even turn off or hard reset the laptop so I don't know what to do. I've unplugged the AC and all I can think of is wait til it runs out of power then serif it works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Zal2, Welcome to HP Support Community!

When a computer fan spins loudly for a long period of time, there might be an issue with a fan, or the computer might be overheating. Adjust the power settings, clean the fan vents, check for suspicious processes, and then update the BIOS to help reduce the internal temperature.

I would recommend you follow the steps from the document HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly (Windows).

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Zal2, Welcome to HP Support Community!

When a computer fan spins loudly for a long period of time, there might be an issue with a fan, or the computer might be overheating. Adjust the power settings, clean the fan vents, check for suspicious processes, and then update the BIOS to help reduce the internal temperature.

I would recommend you follow the steps from the document HP Notebook PCs - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly (Windows).

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.