Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy X360 15-CP0XXX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just after purchasing my laptop, I have updated it to the latest version of Windows 10 (1903).

Since then, when I put my Laptop into sleep mode:

A) after a short time the laptop does not wake up properly, I should push the power button to force shutdown the pc and then turn it on.

B)  after a while, the laptop shuts down!

I search the net and HP forum for the solution and I tried the following ways to solve my problem but unfortunately, none of them worked:

1) change the power plan configuration such as "link state power management", allow hibernate sleep and etc.

2) create a fresh power plan configuration based on window high-performance profile

3) run windows power troubleshooting wizard

4) update the graphics card driver, using HP assistance tool.

5) uninstall the graphics card driver and software and re-install it using windows update

It would be highly appreciated if somebody could help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just download the latest driver from AMD website and the problem is solved!

Thanks, AMD!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I just download the latest driver from AMD website and the problem is solved!

Thanks, AMD!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Just got the Envy x360 a few weeks ago. Appreciate if you can provide more info on what driver you downloaded from AMD to resolve the issue.

Thanks

HP Recommended

You may follow the instruction which is described in the following link:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-131

HP Recommended

Thank you very much. System works great now after updating ADM driver. Wasted so much time with this unnecessary issue on a brand new laptop. Definitely an area of improvement for HP with their final outgoing system test to avoid this type of issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.