Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy x360 15m-ee0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

In every circumstance, my laptop will not wake up from sleep. The keyboard lights will come on, but the screen will remain black. I've noticed this occurring after updating to the latest AMD 4500U drivers from their website. I tried to revert back to the HP drivers provided on the support website, but I receive an error when installing: "The driver is not supported on this OS version (10.0.1.19041." 

It seems like this is a graphics driver issue that is not compatible with the latest windows 10 update that was pushed. Can someone from HP look into this?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I have a similar issue where my screen will not wake from sleep. However, if I plug an external monitor in via HDMI it will recognize that as the only/main screen. So, it seems to be some sort of video driver issue. 

This seems to loosely coincide with my brightness (f2/f3) keys not working after wake from sleep, as well. The volume, backlight etc all continue to work okay.

HP please help us!

HP Recommended

I have the same issue: after a few minutes the laptop will not wake from sleep. I have tried all possible key combinations. Hard reset is the only option that works. F2 and F3 brightness keys suddenly cease to work. Can still control screen brightness from Activity Centre slider. Driving  me mad and making me sweat big time at work.

HP ENVY x360  13-ay0xxx
ID system 876E
ID product  2T442EA#ABE
BIOS F.07
Versión del SO 2004 (10.0.19041)

Drivers all updated: no change.
Keyboard and graphics drivers uninstalled then reinstalled: no change.
Checked for W10 updates: no updates available.

HP Recommended

After much searching I decided to roll back from w10 2004 to 1909. So far so good.

BTW I also reinstalled AMD Graphics driver 26.20.14036.1001 (Rev A) which I downloaded from the HP product support page for HP ENVY x360  13-ay0.

HP Support Assistant had not offered me any BIOS update, but I did find one (F07) on the  HP product support page.

F2 & F3 screen brightness keys have not failed since doing this

Hope this helps you

HP Recommended

Thanks and glad that worked for you!

I won't be rolling back, as that is just not an acceptable solution. Hopefully an HP rep will acknowledge this thread/this bug and provide an update on the driver issue.

HP Recommended

Bump - is there anyone from HP who can respond to this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.