Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13t-ae000 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I try to boot up my laptop I get a message that says:

Boot Device Not Found

Please install an operating system on your hard disk

Hard Disk (3F0)

After a couple of attempts to restart the computer I can eventually access the OS, but the next session when I try to turn on my computer from sleep mode I get the error message again.

I've been looking up solutions online and nothing has been able to fix this issue. I already tried all of the following:

- a hard reboot of the computer

- uninstalling recent windows updates

- performing a system diagnostics on the hard drive (no errors were found)

- updating drivers

- using System File Checker through command prompt [sfc /scannow]

- running Windows Memory Diagnostic

- DISM through command prompt [Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth] 

- reinstalling Windows

Some of these solutions were helpful because my device kept shutting down due to a BSOD, but none of these solutions have been able to address the current issue I'm having.

The only online suggestion that helped with regards to the boot error was a recommendation to enable Legacy Support in BIOS. When I tried this it was able to fix the Boot Error, but one problem was replaced with another. My notebook would start getting a BSOD that displays:

stop code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Because of this I've decided to leave Legacy Support disabled.

I've tried everything and I don't know what to do. Hopefully someone can help me figure out what's wrong with my notebook. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I'm guessing since no one has replied that I should just go ahead and take my laptop to a repair shop

HP Recommended

@LAL2020

Welcome to the HP support community.

If you have tried all the steps mentioned in this HP document:- Click here

And if the issue still persists, this could be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey! I am having the same issue in the same laptop. Did you get any help? I'm desperate and I am evaluating opening the laptop and adjusting the wires. Please reply!!

HP Recommended

@NicoMacian

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution:

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey! Thanks for reaching out. My laptop is a HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx, can you help me?

HP Recommended

In my case, reseating the SSD ended up solving the issue, so if nothing else has worked I would say to give that a shot. As soon as you remove the bottom cover it should be accessible, so it's not to much trouble.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.