Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavillion DM1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello there,

I have an issue with my notebook and when running scan it throws  hard disk 1 RGD55D-5KG501-MFH14J-60Q503 error

Seems like the HDD is damaged but I want to know if the code tells me something about what kind of issue is the HDD getting.

Thank you for your support

Arturo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Arturo:

Those codes usually don't provide any useful info.

Most of the code is used to decipher your notebook's serial number.

Here is the report generated by the failure code you posted, minus your notebook's serial number.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
RGD55D-5KG501-MFH14J-60Q503OKXXXXXXXXXX1/1/10303StorageFloppy Drive, Hard Drive, Memory Drive, Optical Drive, SCSI, Tape DriveHard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure

Normally the only fix is to replace the hard drive and reinstall the operating system.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi, Arturo:

Those codes usually don't provide any useful info.

Most of the code is used to decipher your notebook's serial number.

Here is the report generated by the failure code you posted, minus your notebook's serial number.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
RGD55D-5KG501-MFH14J-60Q503OKXXXXXXXXXX1/1/10303StorageFloppy Drive, Hard Drive, Memory Drive, Optical Drive, SCSI, Tape DriveHard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure

Normally the only fix is to replace the hard drive and reinstall the operating system.

HP Recommended

Ok thank you very much, most of all for the quick response.

HP Recommended

would you have the link to the compatible HDD I could use?

My guarantee is all but expired 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

What storage capacity and type do you want?

Do you want to replace it with the same kind, or upgrade to a solid state drive?

HP Recommended

I would need to evaluate that.

It will all depend on the cost but the standard solution would be for the same one

HP Recommended

From what I could tell from the serial number of your notebook, the parts list indicates that it came with a 500 GB hard drive.

This would be a comparable replacement to the one that failed on you....$43.00

Amazon.com: Seagate Laptop Thin 500 GB 7200RPM SATA 6 GB/s 32 MB Cache 2.5 Inch Hard Disk Drive (ST5...

This would be a higher performing solid state drive...$54.00

Amazon.com: Western Digital 500GB WD Blue 3D NAND Internal PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, 2.5"/7mm, Up to...

HP Recommended

Excellent I will go with SDD then.

Can you share the link for the drivers for when I install the windows image please.

Also on the specs that I found, (could not found any on hp website) https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-pavilion-dm1-3080la-11-6-e-350-3-gb-ram-320-gb-hdd/

seems like is 320 gb 3 Ram.

Thank you for your help

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If your notebook has a 320 GB drive, they don't make any SSD's with that capacity.

You would have to go smaller with 250 GB or the 500 GB size.

This is the 250 GB...$40.00

Amazon.com: Western Digital 250GB WD Blue 3D NAND Internal PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, 2.5"/7mm, Up to...

You can find the drivers for your notebook at the link below.  I hope you have a way to reinstall W7.

PC portátil de entretenimiento HP Pavilion dm1-3080la Descargas de software y controladores | Soport...

HP Recommended

NVM missed the OS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.