Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Beats 15-P099NR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to ask a technician question and need to find a solution ASAP, got a HP Beats 15-P099NR Laptop and need to find a way to unlock the factory programming of the BIOS which I just updated not long ago I need to get this done as soon as I can before I waste money buying new add on hardware for it. Is there a way ? I have already had to replace the hard drive few months ago and have to boot legacy mode and not the other factory mode but lots of advanced options are hidden from me and I need to access those hidden settings.  Any help will be happy to take 😞

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@landon33071 

Sorry, but HP locks out the advanced BIOS options to prevent customers from making changes that will destabilize or otherwise damage the PC and then send it back for repair or replacement under warranty.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

the laptop is not under any agreement with HP or any warrantee its been out for years so what is a solution for this problem cause power throttling is keeping me from doing what I need to do with this trash computer unless I can find a way to disable the power throttling, tried everything from regedit to the power management and still it won't disable

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.