Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cw1068wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, Windows 10 gave me an update the other day and I decided to update my laptop. It went to the BIOS update and after reaching 100%, it went to a new screen doing something for the update before it shut the computer down. The next day, I turn on my laptop and the screen kept going flashy for some strange reason, so I turned it off. Once I turned it back on, it went to the BIOS Update screen again and after reaching 100% 4 times, it read this:

247B334F-6314-465C-9519-79FFF5C9A8B6.jpeg

 After looping back & forth, I realized something was wrong with my computer, so I went on YouTube and various articles about the matter; most of them said you need to reset the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery from your computer. Last night, I opened up my computer to find the battery, but I didn’t see one. My questions are this: is there a secret area in the motherboard for this battery and are there other ways to fix this issue ASAP?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

HI@KingCharisma927, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document:-

I understand that you're unable to update the BIOS HP Notebook 15-Cw1068wm and it needs to download one by one and needs to restart the computer to make sure the Adapter or Charger needs to be connected,

Please click on the hyperlink below to install 

HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

I can’t access the link because the BIOS Update keeps updating and failing looping back & forth, so there is no way to get to the link. Also, I can’t find the CMOS or RTC battery inside my laptop, so I’m screwed there too. 

HP Recommended

HI@KingCharisma927

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

What’s the phone # **bleep**? 

HP Recommended

Hi@KingCharisma927, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document:-

I understand that you're unable to update the BIOS   HP Pavilion 15-Cw1068wm HP Pavilion 15-Cw1068wmmand it needs to download one by one and needs to restart the computer to make sure the Adapter or Charger needs to be connected,

Please click on the hyperlink below to install 

HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Have a great day!  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.