Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 15-fa0000 (680A2AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello!

The windows "Fast Startup" feature has a problem in my laptop. i have it enabled from control panel, if i shutdown the laptop and leave it for like a day, when i turn it on, it is doing a cold boot not fast startup, i can know from windows task manager when i look at the CPU Uptime i see it starts from 00:00:01 that is a cold boot, in a normal condition, if fast startup feature is working, it should continue incrementing the CPU Uptime from the previous state.

and in the Windows Event Viewer i get Two Error events.

First Error Event:

Source: Kernel-Boot
Event ID (128)

Task Category (53)

Error: BL_LOG_ERROR_RES_HW_CHANGE: Hardware or firmware settings have changes since hibernate. Status: {Incorrect Volume}
The target file of a rename request is located on a different device than the source of the rename request.

Event ID 158.png

Second Error Event:

Source: Kernel-Boot
Event ID (29)

Task Category (None)

Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.

Event ID 29.png

Previously i contacted the HP Support trying to solve this issue, the last step they suggested to upgrade to

windows 11 and the issue persists. i tried windows 10 same issue, windows 11 same issue.

They also suggested to run a compontents test using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics from BIOS and all the tests passed no issues found, all components work as expected.

- i have all the drivers and windows updates up-to-date.

- i also tried disabling all programs from the Startup apps and the issue persists.

- the battery works as expected, no problem with it.

When this issue happens, when i press on the power button from keyboard, the first press does nothing, the second press does boot up. the first press did nothing because the windows crashed from a hibernate state, giving the two error events i mentioned above.

Anyone have a clue what is causing this issue to happen? will be so much thankful, i have this issue for months with no luck figuring it out!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

No one knows WHY,  but FastStartup causes problems on some PCs and the only working solution is to disable it -- trading a fast but unreliable start for a slow but reliable start.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.