DernCaM
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Forgotten password on refurbished Probook

ProBook 645

Gda all.

I not too long brought this refurbished and I did the password for the log on screen and forgot the password.  I do not know how to by pass it or change it once I press Esc.  The only other way is to do the 3 security questions and I don't remember what and where I put it.  I bought it off of TopHatter through a third party.  When I called to get back up instructions from them.  They were clueless and it made it impossible for me to return.  I ended up walking them through what should have been the better options for me to be able to log in for not remembering my password and the best approach for alternative logging in in based on my previous experience with other computers/laptops.  I am at a loss.  The F7 says there is no spare key set up.  I do not know what changes they made to the computer on their end. 
The technician never got back to me and the customer service representative was clueless as she was taking notes.  😐😐 

The notebook information is:

HP Probook 645 G1

PCID: A3009DD10303

Serial: CNU4239T1M

Product: D9E30AV

My options are for pressing ESC for the startup menu is:

F1 System Information

F2 System Diagnostics

F7 HP SpareKey

F9 Boot Device Options

F10 BIOS Setup

F12 Network Boot

ENTER - Continue Startup

For more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

Any advisable help would be well helpful.  I am on a tight budget and not working,  If it is too pricey.  I'm out of luck.  Please let me know what other information do I need to provide.  Please and thank u. 

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
17,825 17,770 1,655 3,909
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Forgotten password on refurbished Probook

@DernCaM 

Sorry, but we can not help you in this, and you will have to contact HP -- and since you got this from a refurbisher, it's possible they won't help you, either.

I wish we could help you, but sorry, due to recent changes in Community policy, we are no longer able to provide any assistance with password reset or recovery issues.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation (which you can read from here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage😞

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

For assistance NOW, you have to contact your regional HP Customer Support location directly as they will confirm ownership of the PC before providing any assistance -- something we are not able to do from here.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation