Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14s-dk0093au
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, i just created a recovery USB drive and used it to recover my laptop. Now i need to re-format it to make it usable again like a normal pendrive. How to do that?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Click on the USB flash drive in Windows explorer. 

Right click on it and select 'Format'

Leave it at the default settings, but you can delete the volume label, so it just ends up being a USB flash drive, and not HP_Recovery.

HP Recommended

But it was showing on 27GB as the available space when i clicked on Format, though my pendrive was of 64GB

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know why more storage than that didn't show up.

When I formatted my 32 GB USB flash drive after making the cloud recovery tool media, I got the max allowable space of 29 GB.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.