Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 14s dk-1000s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I'm currently using 14s laptop about a month old. The device starts freezing when I'm browsing and using quite a lot of tab when researching. I understand that having hdd in your laptop means its processing takes longer time but I think screen freezing isn't really necessary, Btw I haven't added any apps or downloaded any malicious files from browser, is there any way to prevent and solve this kind of issue?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Do you use MS Edge in Version 95.0.1020.44 ?

Open TaskManager and check in the process tab which application uses 100 % .

How much RAM do you have ? 4 or 8 GB

HP Recommended

I am using that version of MS Edge but I'm currently using Chrome as browser. It only has 4gb ram and 1tb of hdd. Are there any possible solution to these?

HP Recommended

4 GB is critical.

Read my first reply! What do you see in the taskmanager?

Is your Chrome (Version 95.0.4638.69) at 100%?

HP Recommended

Yes it is, If I were to compare this laptop to my gf's Acer which has lower specs, that is even better than this since her laptop wasn't even lagging even though both has 4gb ram and mine has even a bit better processor. I also want to ask, if I were to input ssd in my laptop, what type of ssd should I buy?

Thanks for a lot for hearing my inquiries. May God bless you and your family.

HP Recommended

The notebook supports PCIe Solid State Drives. (NVMe)
The manual provides a spare part number, but I couldn't find it in the web-store.
This is the difference between HP and other companies. If I look at a DELL webstore for a certain spare part number it takes 2 minutes. May be I have to spend 2 hours in the HP-store to find that.

It is possible that you have compatibility problems with certain models. If you have a chance to go to a small repair shop you should do that. They should have a NVMe that is compatible.
Then you can use your Hard drive for storage.

But go for a second 4 GB Ram that you have 8 GB in total

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.