06-13-2019 08:33 AM
I have a brand new laptop, purchased on Tuesday for over £1000. The trackpad jumps around to the point it is unusable when connected to AC power and the laptop freezes sporadically requiring manual shutdown with no apparent cause (it can be left alone on a desk for an hour then randomly freeze). I have run all the updates and driver checks, diagnostics all fine, BIOS has been updated today.
Any suggestions or shall I send it back? Not good for business for me. . . .
06-15-2019 02:41 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Have you tried with an external USB mouse or keyboard?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee