cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
es224
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Frequent Crashes and Boot Issues on HP Spectre 13

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I’ve been having a problem for a couple months regarding frequent crashes and error messages displayed on startup. Specifically, my computer will randomly crash with either a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR or an UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION error. These always hang at 0%, and I’m always forced to restart the computer manually by pressing the power button. About half the time, when it boots back up, and more frequently when I boot it from sleep, it’ll display a (3F0), boot device not found error. This is solved by simply restarting my computer 3-5 times until it boots normally. Recently, it seems like the crashes are automatically invoking the check disk protocol, which attempts to repair some things, but never solves the problem. So far, my attempted remedies include:

• reinstalling windows
  • uninstalling and reinstalling programs
  • updating all drivers
  • updating bios, and restoring it to factory defaults
  • running chkdsk and other standard command line solutions
  • running every hp diagnostic available, all of which return as a pass (however, running the hard disk check from the 3F0 screen returns “no hard drive attached”

In case it matters, the only peripherals I have are a wired Logitech G203 gaming mouse and the factory issue HP power adapter, and occasionally a Dell monitor connected via HDMI and adapter. This is my only laptop for school, and I’m worried it might crash during an important test or exam. Additionally, the laptop is only about two years and four months old, so I’d like to avoid buying a new one already. I don’t run any suspicious programs (usually just Chrome, VSCode, Discord, League of Legends) that would give me a virus, and I have virus protection, so I don’t believe this is the problem. I’ve researched both of the BSOD errors I get, and I believe it’s a problem with my SSD, but I’m not really sure how to fix that, and I’d like to avoid buying a new one if possible. I did drop my computer a little about 12 months ago, but the problem only arose this last November, so I’m not sure if that was the cause or not. Maybe a loose connection or something that only recently became loose enough to cause an issue? I’m not sure. Thank you so much for your help (and time reading through this long paragraph). If you need any additional information let me know. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
praveenbv
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,672 7,670 328 396
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @es224,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation