Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-ch0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone

I'm using my HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15 inches for a year. Now, I got couple problems with my laptop.

1. I faced bluescreen with automatic restart as the attached picture several times.

I'm tried to fix it as the windows official website suggest, but it not works. 

20191219_143851.jpg

2. I cannot flip my screen into tablet and others mode because the rotation button is not works.

boyonly_0-1580734468620.png

Thank you for your help in advance !

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

For additional information in my second problem(cannot rotate screen).

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
    • Yesterday
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
    • No never
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?
    • Yes, the solutions are posted below and it's not work.

1. Open Settings App and go to System > Display.
  2. Find Orientation and choose Portrait from the menu.

Your device should automatically switch to portrait mode.

Solution 2 – Disconnect your keyboard

If Rotation Lock is grayed out, you might want to try disconnecting your keyboard. Check if this resolves the issue.

Solution 3 – Switch to Tablet Mode

If your device doesn’t switch automatically to Tablet Mode, you can do the following to access Tablet Mode manually:

1. Click the Action Center button in the Taskbar.
  2. When Action Center opens, click the Tablet Mode.

You can also enter Tablet Mode using the Settings app:

1. Open Settings > System > Tablet Mode.
  2. Make sure that Make Windows more touch-friendly when using your device as a tablet is turned On.

If you want, you can also change how your device will work when you automatically switch Tablet Mode on or off.

Solution 4 – Change Last Orientation registry value

If you have problems with Rotation Lock and if the rotation isn’t working on your device, you might have to change some registry values. To do that, follow these steps:

1. Press Windows Key + R and type regedit. Press Enter or click OK

2. When Registry Editor opens, you need to navigate to the following key in the left pane:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionAutoRotation
  3. In the right pane, find LastOrientation and double-click it.

4. In Value data box enter 0 and click OK to save changes.
  5. If you see SensorPresent DWORD available, double-click it and make sure that its value is set to 1.

Solution 5 – Uninstall / Update your display drivers

Sometimes, problems with Rotation Lock can be caused by your display drivers, so you might need to update them or uninstall them. To uninstall your drivers, do the following:

1. Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.

2. When Device Manager opens, navigate to Display adapters section and locate your driver.
  3. Right-click the driver and choose Uninstall.
  4. After you have uninstalled the driver, restart your device.

If the problem still persists, you might have to update your display adapters. To do that, follow these steps:

1. Open Device Manager and locate your display adapter driver.
  2. Right-click it and choose Update Driver Software.
  3. Choose one of the options and follow the instructions.
HP Recommended

@boyonly 

Hello,

For the error encountered, this refers to the AMD graphics driver download and install the latest version of the AMD graphics driver available via the HP link below.

Please download and install the Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver to enable screen rotation.

If the issue persists, I recommend that you perform a disk test as described in the following HP link.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443463

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Hi 

Thank you for your help

I already installed both driver as your suggestion.

Unfortunately, I still cannot rotate my screen while I flipped the laptop. 

Would you mind share another solution?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.