Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

I have a hard drive in my hp laptop and wanted to upgrade to a SSD drive. 
I have made a bootable usb (15gb) which I have used on another HP with no issues.

I replaced the hard drive and ran the bootable usb but the screen goes blue and fuzzy. I then put my old hardrive and it loads fine but wanted to install windows ok the new SSD via a bootable disk drive. 
I even made a new bootable usb but have the same issue. 

can anyone help please I have checked on the internet but can’t get anyadice on what to do, just want to installl the new SSD drive and install windows 10. 

but with this particular laptop when I try and run the bootable usb it just goes to a fuzzy blue screen. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Good evening, I want to apologize for not replying earlier and thank your response. 
I decided to clone the drive on to my SSD hard drive.

mall working has it should be. 
thank you. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Try the >>Media Creation Tool<< (There are some issues with RUFUS)

Configure it for a different PC 

If you still have the same problem, use your HDD, install a Backup/Recovery-Software and create an image.

Replace the HDD with your SSD and run the Recovery. In many cases it works better than to clone the disk.

My personal choice is Macrium Reflect.

HP Recommended

Good evening, I want to apologize for not replying earlier and thank your response. 
I decided to clone the drive on to my SSD hard drive.

mall working has it should be. 
thank you. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.