Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Not really. If you have removed and reseated the daughterboard and it still does not turn on then it is a hardware issue. Either you need a new daughterboard or a new motherboard. 

HP Recommended

are there any ways i could try to jump the motherboard? like you would jump a pc motherboard? or any way to further diagnose the issue, could it be charger related? 

HP Recommended

You can find a mutimeter and test the power supply. I don't think it is the power supply if the light next to the jack comes on when you plug it in.

On PC desktop motherboards you can just cross the headers for the on/off switch. Nothing like that on this motherboard. The on-off switch board is a unique proprietary device. But someone who was a real techhead (beyond my skills) could likely figure the pin-out of the ribbon cable and find some way to cross the leads and duplicate the effect of the on-off switch. Likely you can find the on-off switch board for a few bucks on eBay; buy it, try it and if it still does not work it is the motherboard. 

HP Recommended

thank yiu very much for all your help

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

That same thing is all that shows up in the US, too. $25 is probably too much to spend just to test but even if you bought a new motherboard the problem may be the on-off board so it would be a waste to buy the motherboard. 

HP Recommended

seeing as this has not been going well, i plugged in the battery and power supply and tried jumping all of the pins on the on-off board connector, even random combinations, but nothing turned it on, so would it be a better guess that it is the motherboard?

HP Recommended

Not sure you are able to jump them like that. In the grand scheme a dead motherboard is probably more likely but I am not sure what was done to it when you were removing the screen. I have certainly seen those little boards go bad. But I have seen a lot more dead motherboards. 

HP Recommended

i had the screen off for a while, procrastinjating about fixing it, and a few days ago i tried to start the laptop and it just didnt start. i've found a replacement motherboard (that has a good returns policy) and ive bought it

HP Recommended

Good luck, let us know how it goes

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.