Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6 2005sk
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, my dedicated GPU is not working anymore - AMD Radeon HD 7670M after updating from stock - very old Bios to the newest on HP site. Thought it's going to help if i update my system... WRONG

I own a HP Pavillion G6 2005sk series, actually i own 2, one i'm sure about has dead GPU since whenever i am installing it's AMD driver's you get instant BScreen and can't boot into windows anymore..

The current one i am typing from is/was sort of the good one, but even this wasn't flawless, generally  it worked good, at rare times let's say in about 3 months i would get a single restart when forcing the Dedicated GPU, but after a reset it performed just fine, and this also allowed me to pass by  the AMD Gpu driver installation process without showing any errors at the end of the installation. That was until i updated the bios.

So i figured maybe my GPU has something to do with windows.. OK so to exclude driver incompatibillity i've tried a few different OS's from windows  8-8.1-10 and the only one which has a successful driver installation is windows *8* but it reports in device manager with a caution sign that this device was stopped because it reported problems (Code43) AND No matter what, i can't get it to work.

In the past, i did experienced a few times trouble installing the VGA driver for my RADEON only when reinstalling windows and regardless of OS.  if it failed the first time, just tried a different driver and  job was done. 

QUESTION >>>
>> I WANT TO  know if there's a hack or a trick to  DOWNGRADE MY BIOS  ---- I tried WIN key + B + Power.   Caps lock blinks 2 twice and nothing happens,    i have to take out the power cord to shut the system down.
Read online about it and states that it indicates a corrupted bios, FLASHED it once again with same bios and got same result.

Bios before update - GPU Worked properly =  F.07     <|>   Current BIOS - Dead GPU, Slow CPU = F.27

My laptop is almost useless for me in this state... Why couldn't they say that it might mess up your system if you update and that once updated you can't simply rollback..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Robin0220

Thank you for choosing the HP Support Forums, a community energized by solutions, as we are eager to help resolve your concerns,

I am Riddle_Decipher and I'm at your service (Like a Genie, however, without magic powers) 😉

Have you attempted a BIOS recovery using the HP Article?

(Click here to verify)

If you've used the above article and yet the issue persists, 

Please refer to my private message for further instructions:

Check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

I hope your day gets better, good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Robin0220

Thank you for choosing the HP Support Forums, a community energized by solutions, as we are eager to help resolve your concerns,

I am Riddle_Decipher and I'm at your service (Like a Genie, however, without magic powers) 😉

Have you attempted a BIOS recovery using the HP Article?

(Click here to verify)

If you've used the above article and yet the issue persists, 

Please refer to my private message for further instructions:

Check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

I hope your day gets better, good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.